Don't Forget the Fifth Wall
Often forgotten and just painted white, the ceiling is a vital part of a room that can really enhance a space. There is much opportunity in ceiling design to add decorative architectural detail in a unique way.
Here are some of our favorite ways to show the fifth wall some love.
1. Wallpaper. This is one of our favorite trends of the year. Adding a wall covering to your ceiling will take your eye upwards and help give the space an interesting decorative pop. Coverings can be anything from textured, to colorful to even sparkly!
2. Coffered ceiling. This is the number one way to open up a space and add depth to a room. The new coffered ceiling is done with a lot less trim and more clean line detail. It make a space feel much more grand.
3. Accent colors. Bringing color into a space can really tie a room together. Don't be afraid to have fun with color to incorporate a room's furniture. In this particular photo, we had a decorative artist paint a crystalized design within the coffered ceiling that highlighted the pattern in a chaise lounge chair.
4. Wood accents. Wood does not always mean log cabin. A wooden, coffered ceiling can bring in a cozy feeling and add cohesiveness with other wooden pieces in a room perfectly. Again, this coffered look adds depth and the color of the dark wood draws the eye upward. This was the perfect addition to a man cave.
5. Strip Lighting. Ambiance to the max! LED strip ceiling lighting creates a cozy atmosphere in any room. This illuminates the space and is a current and unique decorative element that looks fabulous when it's the only thing turned on. See below how we enhanced this kitchen with the strip lighting above the cabinets.
If you are looking for a way to enhance a room you already love or start with a fresh design, don't discount a decorative ceiling design. It's often forgotten but never goes unnoticed.
Give us a call at (888) 707-3331!